CONNECT TO COUNTRY - BASKET WEAVING WORKSHOP IN NAROOMA WITH ELDER PATRICIA ELLIS FROM MINGA ABORIGNAL CULTURAL SERVICES
- Продолжительность: 2 час. (прибл.)
- Место встречи: Narooma, NSW
- Код предложения: MACSBW
- Two Hour traditional basket weaving workshop - learn how to make a basket using rafia and natural grasses.
- Learn all about ancient sustainability practices
- Sit and enjoy story telling and Dreamtime stories unique to the local Yuin people.
- Please note a minimum of 6 people are required to run this experiece. The maximum attendance is 20 people.
HOW LONG: 2 HOURS
WHEN: 2 pm to 4 pm
INCLUDED: All materials
BRING: JACKET FOR COOLER WEATHER AS THIS EXPERIENCE WILL TAKE PLACE OUTDOORS IF THE WEATHER IS GOOD AND IN THE NAROOMA VISITORS INFORMATION CENTRE IF IT IS RAINING.
Patricia belongs to the Brinja Yuin and Walbanga; Dhurga speaking people of Moruya. Relax and enjoy this 2 hour workshop. Not only will you learn how to make baskets out of natural grasses but you will be mesmerised by stories of the region - stories that have been told for thousands of years. Patricia is highly connected to Country. This authentic and transformational experience is suitable for all ages so bring the whole family and learn about the culture and crafts of the Yuin people.
bagan njiinj ngarn yuwinj-nggul warigamban bugiya nhaway buraadja
soil this place Aboriginal-belong to long time (past or future) yesterday today tomorrow
Always was always will be Aboriginal land.
Minga Aboriginal Cultural Services acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which we live and work and pays respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
FOR MORE TOURS FROM MINGA ABORIGINAL CULTURAL SERVICES SEE https://mingaaboriginalculturaltours.securedirectbookings.com/
WE ARE 100% ABORIGINAL OWNED AND OPERATED