Norfolk Island Foundation Day Celebrations and Luncheon
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Kingston
- Product code: Foundation
Foundation Day Luncheon includes:
- Transfers to Emily Bay for the Foundation Day re-enactment
- Lunch banquet featuring traditional Norfolk Island foods
- Local Entertainment
- Special Heritage speaker on the people of First Settlement including those who arrived on Norfolk Island 6 March 1788
- Transfers back to your accommodation or Burnt Pine Village
Foundation Day celebrates the historical occasion when Philip Gidley King first arrived on Norfolk island on 6 March 1788
This day attracts many visitors to Norfolk Island especially those who are researching their family heritage.
The re-enactment & celebrations all take place at Kingston, the World Heritage area of Norfolk Island.
Dont forget to bring your camera.
Norfolk Island is a real gem – you will truly find this a most unusual place!
There is much to see and do on Norfolk Island
- Swimming - snorkeling – fishing - golf
- See Captain Cook’s landing place
- Fascinating Eco‐tours and bushwalking
- Visit the National Parks
- Norfolk Island Heritage and History Lovers Tours
- Swimming at beautiful Emily Bay
- Go on a photography treasure trove of beautiful Norfolk Island